The easiest way how to show hidden files in finder is to run a command in terminal:
- Open the Terminal application (Applications > Utilities > Terminal.app)
- Type in the following without the quotes “defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE”
- Hit the ‘Enter’ key
- Restart the Finder by holding ‘Option’, click and hold on the icon. Click ‘Relaunch’
To hide them again use this command:
- To re-hide the files type “defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE”
- Then restart the Finder again.